LW7 Hostile Vehicle Mitigation Barrier
The AVS-elli LW7 HVM barrier is is the largest barrier in the LW series. Designed to be installed on a permanent basis* in high duty cycle environments for very heavy loads, both traffic and impact. The LW7 is ideally suited to military, correctional and other high security applications.
Folding Block technology enables the force of impact to be largely absorbed by the barrier itself, rather than the foundation. This type of barrier represents the latest innovation in barrier technology. Designed to be unobtrusive and act as a traffic calming device, when deployed it offers a formidable barrier.
PAS 68 tested by UK Government, AVS-elli FOLDING BLOCK barriers have proven vehicle stopping capability and reliability.
Our barriers are installed across across the world for a range of government and commercial clients. Contact AVS-elli if you require further details.
A derivative of this barrier has also been impact tested in conjunction with the HESCO Bastion and Highway Care fencing system for rapid protection with zero fixings.
* The AVS-elli LW7 HVM Barrier can now be used in High Security temporary configuration using the AVS-elli range of Barrier Interface Units integrated to HESCO Bastion or Highwaycare BG800 Barrier systems.
Find out how this barrier performed in harsh Australian conditions.
AVS-elli barriers have protected the Prime Minister of Australia, the Cabinet of Australian Government, the last two Presidents of the USA when visiting Australia as well as visiting English Princes.
The AVS-elli designs are clean sheet designs developed by us over many years to provide a flexible adaptive barrier for use where standard foundation type barriers are not appropriate, or local weather conditions mean that long periods of water inundation are unavoidable.
The LW7 Surface Mounted Hostile Vehicle Mitigation Barrier can be deployed and installed quickly on a suspended slab or bolted to a surface to provide both permanent and temporary high-security for vehicle access points.
The AVS-elli LW7 barrier is is the largest barrier in the LW series. Designed to be installed on a permanent basis in high duty cycle environments for very heavy loads, both traffic and impact. The LW7 is ideally suited to military, correcSonal and other high security applications.
AVS-elli FOLDING BLOCK technology offers the following advantages:
- Surface mount, bolt down on suspended slabs using chemset anchors
- Alternate surface mount on cage foundation mount
- Rapid install, Rapid replacement after impact
- Lightweight, energy absorbing design
- From “Traffic-trainer” to formidable barrier in less than 1 second
- Powerful triple rams
- Opens in 2.5-3.0 sec.
- PLC Control
- All delicate components are above the “water table” and therefore not subject to long term water inundation
- Bolt down fixing allows rapid replacement after incident and for ease of service.
- Easily transported in standard air freight container.
- Pre-fabricated foundation minimizes shipping bulk and cost
- Other SCEC endorsed and PAS 68 barriers available
- Surface mount using chemset anchors or cage foundation mount
- Automated PLC controlled hydraulic operation or manual operation
- Emergency Fast Up (with accumulator)
- 3.6m width (special order)
- Smooth transition vehicle ramps for surface mounting
- Full range of laser and infrared safety devices to meet OH&S requirements
- Safety lighting & signage
- IP rated control cabinets
- Hot dip gal finish standard, alternative colours, non slip coatings
- Alternative power fail/backup systems including 440VAC, 240VAC and 12VDC options
- Wired and high security wireless controls
- Full integration with security, access control and building management systems
Overall Width: XXmm
Blade Width: 3000mm
Height (Up): 800mm
Height (Down): 110mm
Foundation Depth: Foundation typically not required
Duty Cycle: xx
Actuation: Triple hydraulic rams
Finish: Hot Dip Galvanised